A special thank you goes out to the Siska Traditions Society and the B.C. Food Systems Network for all of their generation support and in-kind contributions to the adminstration and technical hosting of the website.
The following individuals and organizations contributed to the planning and content guidelines for this website.
- Charla Beaulieu, Instructor Website Design and Development, Selkirk College
- Vanessa Bob, Snaw naw as
- Abra Brynne, Communications Coordinator B.C. Food Systems Network
- Jessica Chenery, Community Development Leader B.C. Healthy Living Alliance
- Corryn Dixon, Siska Traditions Society
- Dr. Tirso Gonzales, Indigenous Studies University of British Columbia Okanagan
- Georgia Kyba, Naturopathic Physician, First Nations Health Council
- Nancy MacPherson, Siska Traditions and UBC Faculty of Land and Food Systems
- Neskie Manuel, Neskonlith Indian Band
- Dawn Marsden, Independent Researcher
- Dawn Morrison, Coordinator, BCFSN Working Group on Indigenous Food Sovereignty
- Raymond Obomsawin, First Nations Centre, National Aboriginal Health Organization
- Dr. Jay Wortman, Health Canada, First Nations Inuit Health Branch
Thank you to the following individuals/organizations who graciously hosted the community content creation in kind for this website.
- Vanessa Bob, Snaw naw as First Nations, Nanaimo, B.C.
- Ellen Duncan, Community Nutritionist, Qwemtsin Health Society, Kamloops Indian Band
- Cease Wyss, Urban Aboriginal Food Enhancement Program, Vancouver Native Health Society
- Jenna LaFrance, First Nations Student Centre, Simon Fraser University
Photographs were contributed by:
- Sharon Niscak, LUSH Valley, Comox, B.C.
- Nitanis Desjairlais, Vancouver Island Coastal Communities Indigenous Foods Network
- Fiona Devereaux, Vancouver Island Health Authority
- Dawn Morrison, B.C. Food Systems Network Working Group on Indigenous Food Sovereignty
- Caroline Cummins
An initiative of these BC Healthy Living Alliance members:
This project was made possible with the support of the
Department of Canadian Heritage through Canadian Culture Online.